Sets up press, including the installation of paper, cylinders, dies, and ink to print a quality product that meets production specifications. Make adjustments in speed, tension, ink, viscosities, etc. as needed to achieve quality printed product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Remove and install dies, cylinders, ink containers and paper, and printed rolls per job order
- Cleans up press area
- After set up is finished, completes On Press Checklist and receives written approval from Supervisor or quality control.
- Monitors press constantly during operation and makes any necessary adjustments to maintain quality
- Replenishes glue in the turret and oil in the trim reservoir as necessary
- Maintains quality according to customer spec
- Completes Daily Time Sheet
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area
- Maintains Press and conducts assigned preventative maintenance actions
- Signs in and out on the flex computer system
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills to enter and maintain accurate data on the flex computer system.
- Basic math skills, ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and bar graphs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Manufacturing experience in flexo printing preferred
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Ability to handle a multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- Ability to work with extremely confidential information/situations and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and all levels of management.
- Work as part of a team with others to meet business requirements.
- Ability to maintain up to date records using the color computer, ph meter, densitometer, and zahn cup.
- Attention to detail and have the ability to read and carry out production of job orders.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
At Nashua Corporation, we believe that hiring qualified and motivated individuals are a major strength and esssential to our long term success. We have a history of over 150 years of innovation, quality manufacturing and customer satisfaction that is largely attributable to those people that made it happen - our staff members. If you are a talented individual and are seeking a challenging opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package, we encourage you to apply.
Nashua Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nashua offers a wide range of benefit programs that are both comprehensive and competitive within our industry and the communities where our facilities are located. This summary provides a brief listing of the programs available to our employees.
Location/Region: Jefferson City, TN (US)