Responsible for slitter settings and setup to produce finished product in accordance to customer specification. This includes, but is not limited to, loading paper, installing core shafts, setting slitting knifes and counters. Make necessary adjustments in speed, tension, slitting position, etc. to achieve a quality product. Removes finished rolls from the rewind shaft and assists with packing finished product in cases.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up the slitter, including making necessary calculations for adjustments in knives and setting counters.
- Sign in and out on the flex computer
- Load rolls of material on slitter per the job specifications
- Place cores on spindles
- Inspect work for quality while operating slitter
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area
- Maintains slitter and conducts assigned preventative maintenance actions
- Complete special projects as directed by supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer and math skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Manufacturing experience with flexo printing preferred
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Ability to successfully complete required documentation.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills required to sign in and out of the flex computer
- Work cooperatively with other team members
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
At Nashua Corporation, we believe that hiring qualified and motivated individuals are a major strength and esssential to our long term success. We have a history of over 150 years of innovation, quality manufacturing and customer satisfaction that is largely attributable to those people that made it happen - our staff members. If you are a talented individual and are seeking a challenging opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package, we encourage you to apply.
Nashua Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nashua offers a wide range of benefit programs that are both comprehensive and competitive within our industry and the communities where our facilities are located. This summary provides a brief listing of the programs available to our employees.
Location/Region: Jefferson City, TN (US)