With direction from the Paper Mill Maintenance Supervisor, the maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) Coordinator is responsible for the preparation and issuance of purchase orders for products and services. Also, the MRO Coordinator position is responsible for receiving, verifying, delivering, and stocking maintenance parts for the entire facility on a daily basis. Additionally, the MRO Coordinator will work with plant maintenance and Management staff to improve utilization of resources and removal of obsolete parts
· Attend daily maintenance team meetings.
• Check the wall file next to Shift Supervisors office on daily basis to collect receivers / B.O.L’s.
• Collect all invoices / packing slips and file with reconciliation report on monthly basis.
• Collect and copy Plant Administrator with required B.O.L’s as received.
• Communicating with outside vendors to obtain quotes for items needed.
• Contact point between suppliers, outside contractors and Paper Mill on many issues.
• Coordinate / track incoming shipments with shippers / suppliers.
• Analyze and recommend adjustments to inventory levels, setting reorder points.
• Distribute and track issuance of consumables on daily basis.
• Distribute items ordered and received to various depts. / personal.
• Frequently required to lift / move materials over 50 lbs.
• Generate daily, weekly & monthly metrics in MP2 and distribute.
• Inspect storeroom Fork Truck on daily basis. Log results on daily inspection checklist.
• Insure compliance to Sonoco MSDS / SDS policies when bringing in new chemicals to the Mill.
• Locate correct parts for the Maintenance team and issue out through the MP2 System.
• Maintain and report daily a purchasing log of all purchases.
• Maintain communication to Mill personnel on status of orders placed / received.
• Maintain MRO office to 5S Standards including daily housekeeping.
• Maintain required stock levels on consumables.
• Maintain Storeroom to 5S Standards including daily housekeeping.
• Operate all duties while maintaining a safety focus.
• Operate Fork Truck on daily basis. Includes loading and unloading of Flat Bed trucks and Vans.
• Perform monthly Cycle Counts of inventory through MP2 & report.
• Pick up and distribute general mail for the Paper Mill on a daily basis.
• Pick up orders placed through vendors and shipped by UPS / FedEx on daily basis.
• Prepare / pack and ship items to be repaired by outside companies. Maintain log.
• Purchase MRO and other support materials needed for Plant operations through Ariba.
• Receive orders into MP2 and Ariba system while collecting and filing packing Slips / B.O.L.s.
• Reconcile all purchases through the Ariba system on weekly basis.
• Restock storeroom with incoming items and update MP2 system.
• Return items previously issued and returned to Storeroom and update MP2 system to reflect.
• Work with Sonoco AP Dept to resolve issues related to PO/ Invoice discrepancies.
• Work / meet with suppliers salesmen on a weekly basis.
• Work with IT Dept. to resolve computer / Ariba System issues.
• Work with Maintenance Planner on kitting parts for jobs.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & keep them progressing to completion.
· Ability to read, write & speak English.
· Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills.