Job Category: Nursing/Skilled
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a LPN.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.LPN Responsibilities
- Provides patient care, assessment, triage, and treatment.
- Provides input to Health Services Administrator, CenterPhysician, and Center Mental Health Consultant for case management ofstudent health issues.
- Executes student orientation to Health Services.
- Assists Health Services Administrator with center widestaff training requirements.
- Promotes and projects activities that support health andsafety throughout the center.
- (STD’s Diabetes, Weight Program)
- Sicklecell, HBP, Asthma, Family Planning &Parenting Clinics
- Provides for written standing orders on department andprocedures for health care
- Acts as liaison for Wellness Classroom and Center Lifedormitories.
- Assures maintenance of medical records in accordance withPRH standards and Nurse Practice Act.
- Assists health Services Administrator with monitoringHealth Services expenditures to comply with established contract andbudgets.
- Performs quality assurance record audits.
- Participates in department system for student feedback andconcerns.
- Provides on call services and emergency care includingfirst aid and CPR; facilitates provision of emergency services on andoff center.
- Complies with OSHA requirements
- Assists Health Service Administrator with medicationmanagement including monthly inventory and ordering of stockmedication/vaccines; weekly count and monitoring of controlledsubstances, and daily ordering and monitoring of student prescriptionsto assure safety of medications and vaccines.
- Maintains accurate records for ordering, storage,administration, and disposal of medication/vaccines.
- Implements infection control measures in Health Servicesand assists in monitoring center wide infection control.
- Assists in monitoring use, maintenance, and disposal ofsupplies and equipment in Health Services.
- Other duties as assigned
One year of related experience and/or training is necessary.
Diploma from an accredited Practical Nurse Program
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current LPN license from the Commonwealth or State; current BLS/CPR certification
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.1907 W MORRIS BLVD , MORRISTOWN, TN 37813-3866 USA
Location/Region: Morristown, TN