- Provides patient care, assessment, triage, and treatment.
- Provides input to Health Services Administrator, CenterPhysician, and Center Mental Health Consultant for case management ofstudent health issues.
- Executes student orientation to Health Services.
- Assists Health Services Administrator with center widestaff training requirements.
- Promotes and projects activities that support health andsafety throughout the center.
- (STD’s Diabetes, Weight Program)
- Sicklecell, HBP, Asthma, Family Planning &Parenting Clinics
- Provides for written standing orders on department andprocedures for health care
- Acts as liaison for Wellness Classroom and Center Lifedormitories.
- Assures maintenance of medical records in accordance withPRH standards and Nurse Practice Act.
- Assists health Services Administrator with monitoringHealth Services expenditures to comply with established contract andbudgets.
- Performs quality assurance record audits.
- Participates in department system for student feedback andconcerns.
- Provides on call services and emergency care includingfirst aid and CPR; facilitates provision of emergency services on andoff center.
- Complies with OSHA requirements
- Assists Health Service Administrator with medicationmanagement including monthly inventory and ordering of stockmedication/vaccines; weekly count and monitoring of controlledsubstances, and daily ordering and monitoring of student prescriptionsto assure safety of medications and vaccines.
- Maintains accurate records for ordering, storage,administration, and disposal of medication/vaccines.
- Implements infection control measures in Health Servicesand assists in monitoring center wide infection control.
- Assists in monitoring use, maintenance, and disposal ofsupplies and equipment in Health Services.
- Other duties as assigned
One year of related experience and/or training is necessary.
Diploma from an accredited Practical Nurse Program
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current LPN license from the Commonwealth or State; current BLS/CPR certification
Part-time, PRN hours to work in six county area surrounding Morristown
At ResCare, you will be part of an established and highly regarded organization with a proud 40-year tradition of making a vital difference in the lives of the people we serve. Not only will you see the positive results of your work each and every day, but you will also have plenty of opportunity for professional development and advancement to positions of greater responsibility. Our senior leadership team has been with us, on average, for a decade or more, and several of them began their careers with us as direct caregivers. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation benefits package!ResCareWhere Care Meets CareerApply Now!
1907 W MORRIS BLVD , MORRISTOWN, TN 37813-3860 USA
Location/Region: Morristown, TN (US)